Thursday, May 23, 2013

Transition #1



Tomorrow begins the first of many transitions that the husband and I are going to have over the next couple of weeks.  Tomorrow is my last day at the Museum of Science. It is an incredibly bitter sweet transition for me. 


Just hanging with the Myth Busters! 
When I started at the Museum of Science I was looking for part time work doing event planning while working to complete my Master’s degree. This job was perfect for that! The flexibility it provided was amazing and everyone was always helpful when it came to shifting my hours in order to get school work done, make group meetings, or just needing a self-imposed time out.  


Being an event planner was something I wanted to do for so long and while it was part of my previous job at Ramah my time at the Museum really allowed me to explore that profession more as well as expand my horizon working outside the Jewish nonprofit world.  I have learned a lot here and I know I will take all of these lessons into my new position. 


Additionally, I have made some amazing friends here who I am sad I will not see every day.  The group of “the young and restless” are some of the most hardworking and inspirational people I have ever worked with. Their dedication to the Museum is invaluable and I know that as we all grow in our own professional careers we will make positive changes and impact the non-profit (and for profit) world for the better.  The future is bright!


So while I am sad about leaving, this my new position at Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Boston is an amazing opportunity for me.  Professionally it will allow me to take on greater leadership opportunities.  Personally going back into the Jewish non-profit world just feels right. 



Transition 1… up next the Husband leaves his job (yep we both leave our jobs within the same week!)

No comments:

Post a Comment