Monday, June 3, 2013

Transition #3 (AND THE LAST ONE FOR NOW)


I am sitting at the airport in Ottawa, far to early may I add, waiting to board my flight back to Boston. I didn’t get much sleep while I was here, but I think that is in anticipation for my first day of work tomorrow at Jewish Big Brothers Big Sisters. I am very excited for tomorrow and also slightly nervous. 

When I worked for Ramah I feel like I never really had a first day of full time employment. It all rolled into each other from summer to the off-season work to full time work. When I started at the Museum of Science I had an end date – I knew once I was done school I would have to find full time employment opportunities.

Tomorrow is different. It is the first day of a job that I am excited for, that I hope to be in long term, and for an organization that does amazing – life changing work. 

I am not sure what to expect tomorrow, but I have already met many people there and was welcomed and embraced. From the board members to my new coworkers everyone not only seemed nice but they clearly loved what they do and the organization they get to call “home” everyday.

Can’t wait to tell you all the details. And of course, if you want to be a Big Brother or Sister please let me know. I know they could always use more volunteers to help create life-changing relationships. 

No comments:

Post a Comment