Sunday, August 26, 2012

The List: 30 Things to do before I'm 30

Welcome to my blog. In just over two years I will turn 30! While I by no means think this is old, I look at it as a time to reflect on the things I would like to do/accomplish in the next 2 years. So I made a list of Thirty things to do before I am 30. One of the things on the list is to start a blog. So here I am.

I will blog my adventure, accomplishments and challenges as I tackle this list. There were things on this list that I have accomplished like doing a 30 day yoga challenge, skydiving, and getting into a good gym routine which forced me to think about new milestones. So here is my list. It is not complete on purpose. I will add the last 10 in the coming weeks but did feel like I had to get  a start on it. 2 years may seem long but this list is going to take time and energy to get through this list.


30 Things to do Before I’m 30
1. Run a half Marathon
2. Spend one week without the Internet
3. Take a 14 day vacation somewhere I have never been
4. Cook 100 new recipes
5. Teach a Challah making class
6. Start a blog
7. Write a business plan for my future event planning company
8. Do something with all the pictures I have taken!
9. Take a photography class
10. Go on a vacation with my sisters and mom (sorry dad and Ben)
11. Guest blog on at least two sites
12. Learn to Surf
13. Join a Dragon Boat team in the city I live in
14. Have a four pack - yay for my future awesome abs!
15. Go to Calgary
16. Go to the Ballet
17. Own a really nice pair of Pajamas
18. Grow my own tomatoes
19. Buy a piece of furniture at a antique shop
20. Paint - not sure what, where, or why, just gotta do it!

I promise the next 10 are coming!

So today starts the journey. I look forward to including friends and family as I conquer this list.

3 comments:

  1. I'll help you out with the challah making class! Want to teach it at KI?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your to do list is very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. #16 - Last year (or maybe 2 years ago?) my friend and I decided that we were going to get 2 tickets for a 3-ballet subscription (http://www.bostonballet.org/new-subs2013.html). We each paid for 1 of the tickets, all 3 shows and we each went to one with our significant others and we saved the best one and went together.

    Also: I really like this idea. My friend (the same friend) and I tried to put together a "101 goals in 1001 days" list but it fizzled out. I think this is because we put too many "fillers" in our goals lists and too many WAY unattainable goals. We also thought of doing 50 recipes in 500 days but that seems WAY too easy. Maybe I this is a good balance between the two!

    ReplyDelete