Thursday, August 30, 2012

Running Just as Fast as I Can


It is just a year and four months since I had fairly invasive foot surgery. A year ago the thought of running around the block would make me laugh out loud. So while running a half marathon is the first thing on my list of 30 before 30 it may be the most intimidating task on the list.  While I want to knock it off the list this fall I know running 13 miles this fall is not realistic. I feel like right now I need to focus on getting in shape and gaining muscle, and then can focus on how far I am running and then lastly the time in which I am running it. So here is my goal - in the Spring/Summer of 2013 I would like to run the half marathon.  If someone in Boston wants to be my running buddy let me know.  In the mean time I am looking for some good running music for my short 3 - 5 mile runs. Any suggestions on music or starting to train for a half marathon is GREATLY appreciated!  

B and I are on vacation right now so I do hope to do some shorter runs along the boardwalk along with some waterskiing, biking, and swimming. Pictures to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment