Monday, December 3, 2012

Recipe 9 of 100



This year was the first year since my big move to the USA that B and I did do all the cooking for Thanksgiving. While we were certainly sad about it, I think there was also a small sense of relief, it made things a lot less stressful. I did however take some time to bake - and the results were delish!  I made a Choclate Pumpkin cake with a vanilla and Cinnamon glaze. I brought the cake to our "friendsgiving” dinner on Friday night and it was a hit. I also made a batch of them as cupcakes so B’s Grandma could have people over for tea and she would not have to worry about making a mess by cutting a cake. Grandma said everyone in her home loved them and people didn't want to leave. 

This recipe, is also incredibly easy. One bowl for the cake batter, one bowl for the glaze. Any baking that has less dishes to do at the end is my kind of baking.

The Cake Batter:
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp of nutmeg
1 cup oil
4 eggs
1 can pumpkin
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream sugar, oil, eggs, and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. Add chocolate chips. Grease a bundt pan and pour in batter. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes, until a tester comes out clean. If you make them as in muffin tins just adjust the cooking time check after 30 minutes. 

The glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon milk (I made this Pareve so I used Vanilla Soy Milk)

Mix 4 ingredients to make the glaze while cake is baking. If you find it to thick just add a  bit of the milk to make thinner.
Let the cake cool completely. Drizzle with glaze.

Enjoy the week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment