Friday, September 21, 2012

Recipe 4 and 5 What Happens When a Recipe is Not Worth Blogging – DOES IT COUNT?


Over the past two weeks I have made two new recipes that were – well not blog worthy. They were fine and edible, however I would not encourage you to try them at home.  So do these recipes count as trying something new – Yes, but because I won’t post these recipes I decided I would have to share other recipes with you. Something yummy replacing my not so yummy trials (and errors).

The Not Blog worthy stuff:
I made an Israeli Couscous salad with peaches and beets. It sounded so great in theory but it was not very good. It was overly sweet, again edible, but NOT worth sharing. I also tried these fruit pouches using phyllo dough as the shell and apples, raspberries, and blueberries on the inside. They were VERY tart and lacked sweetness. I may try them again figuring out a way to sweeten them by adding some chocolates or vanilla – ohh the possibilities.

OK. Today I am going to share with you what I just made for dinner. I LOVE eggs and toast, but while watching my weight I was looking for a healthier version. So I made eggs in a basket – the catch, the basket was avocado. All you need is an avocado and eggs. I also had some sliced tomatoes on the side.

Heat a non-
stick skillet and lightly spray with oil. Slice an avocado WITH the skin ON lengthwise – the thicker the better.  Remove the pit and use a small cookie cutter to make a hole in the middle. (no cookie cutter, just use a knife) Place the avocado in the pan and crack an egg into the center.  Cover and cook for until the egg is as you like. Season with salt and pepper (and if you are like me HOT SAUCE)


I hope that the recipes I am trying this weekend are “news “worthy!
Some new fall recipes are definitely coming your way. 

1 comment: