Friday, September 28, 2012

Recipe 6 of 100 - You do not want to miss this!


When I saw the recipe for Quinoa Pizza Bites I knew I had to try it. The original recipe which I saw on pinterest called for pepperoni which I do not eat. So I decided to update it and make Quinoa Vegetable Pizza Bites. The possibilities are endless. Next time I imagine using different vegetables – thinking some Broccoli or zucchini would be a nice addition.

Anyways, each of these mini bites are filled with the flavor of pizza and they kinda remind me of a healthier version of mozzarella sticks. (pizza and fried mozzarella may be in the category of favorite foods). Dipping these flavorful bites into spicy pizza sauce was just amazing!

While I do not have kids I imagine these being a great afternoon snack for the whole family. Also, what a great football game snack for everyone to enjoy. Wherever I am for the super bowl, plan on seeing these!

Quinoa Vegetable Pizza Bites

What you need:
 
 2 cups cooked quinoa (only 1 cup of uncooked)
2 large eggs
1/2 chopped onion
1 cup shredded low fat mozzarella cheese - if you love cheese add away
 2 tsp minced garlic
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
1 cup of vegetables of your choice (today I used red and green peppers)
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp dried crushed oregano
pizza sauce for dipping (I used a spicy sauce)


1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Mix together all ingredients, except pizza sauce, in a medium mixing bowl.

3.  Distribute mixture into a greased mini muffin tin, filling each cup to the top (1 heaping Tbs each), press down gently to compact. 
Ready to go into the oven - perfect bites coming up!
- -If you find yourself with some fresh parmesan cheese in the house, sprinkle some on top of each bite! 

4.  Bake for 17-22 minutes.

The finished product
Serve with some pizza sauce for dipping! 

For those on myfitnesspal you can just search Quinoa Pizza Bites and they are on there! (woo)

Yup they are that easy and so yummy. Can’t wait to hear how you enjoy them!

No comments:

Post a Comment