Thursday, October 25, 2012

# 4 Reconnecting


I wanted to write about number 4 on my list. Reconnecting. Most of the things I have put on my list of things to accomplish before I am 30 are tangible; I can clearly tell you if it has been accomplishment. In fact you could tell me if I succeeded or not. But reconnecting it not one of them. It is something only I will be able to judge and in fact if I accomplished it or not is entirely subjective. It is not the only personal/intangible thing I want to accomplish before I am 30, but it is something I really want to focus on.
So I want to reconnect. I mean this in so many ways. Reconnect with friends who still mean so much to me but who are not a part of my life in a way that I would want to. I want to find ways to spend weekends with friends and stop being so concerned with being home for the weekend. I need to find ways to schedule time in my day-to-day life to talk to my old friends in so many ways influenced who I am today.

As I get ready to move this weekend I have found so many old pictures. The memories that surfaced for me were so vivid, I truly felt like I was living through them again. I miss the people in the pictures who made me laugh, cry and helped me create life long memories. 

I also want to reconnect with B. You see as I wrote about on my anniversary, marriage is not easy. B and I had have had some major ups and major downs in our 3 years of marriage. We have lived in two states, changes jobs, I started grad-school, we went through the loss of a parent, 2 surgeries and even more- and we disconnected! 

This year, I am going to focus on making sure we are creating positive memories, choosing happiness, and living our lives to the fullest.  I want to find things for us to enjoy doing together while still remaining independent and going along with my own routine. I want us to find a balance. I know we will. We are pretty awesome when we put our mind to something.  

And lastly, I want to reconnect with myself. I want to spend time truly reflecting on what I want to do with my life. Where do I see myself professionally? How am I going to get there?

I want to laugh more and find new creative outlets for myself. I want to focus on happiness and living in the present. I can’t stress about the past and I surely can’t predict the future. I need to remember that. I will ALWAYS make time to take care of MYSELF. I realize that I cannot give what I do not have. I will focus on taking life on step at a time. Life is a journey and I need to start embracing it.

So there you have it. Its time to reconnect!




No comments:

Post a Comment